Wednesday 5 September 2012

SketchUp add-on for ArchiCAD

I have been having trouble constructing the walls of our plant room on ArchiCAD (due to my lack of skill and not to the limitations of the programme, I am sure) and since we really need to have this done by tomorrow I thought I would try construct it in Google SketchUp. Fortunately, I found a handy add-on which will not only allow me to import SketchUp models into ArchiCAD, but which will also allow me to access Google's 3D Warehouse from ArchiCAD and display the finished model anywhere using google earth! I have yet to try it (I will after finishing this post!) but it sounds incredibly useful, and it can be found here... http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/index.html

Update: oh nooooo. I can't download it because I have ArchiCAD 15 not 16! I could update to ArchiCAD 16 for free, but then it would no longer be compatible with the ArchiCAD we have on our school computers... what a shame. Lesson learnt: when I first install a programme, download ALL the add-ons before they update!
It's too bad, this sounded so good... I guess I'll have to think of another way to solve my problem!

Update again: Oh no wait, I seem to have found an archive... let's see if this works! http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/Archivege_earth_connections_download.html

No comments:

Post a Comment