Sunday 7 April 2013

Concept model 1





For my first context model, I was looking at spider webs. What I find really interesting about spider webs is the fact that no matter what size they are, they are always functional (unless the spider is silly and builds the web in a stupid place...) they can also come in all sorts of different shapes, e.g. the Funnel Web spider makes a kind of pod like web.
The coloured strips were me just exploring different possible paths. There are an almost infinite amount of paths that can be taken throughout the web, and maybe they have different functions, or are used by different people.
I made this out of a sushi mat, rubber bands, card, PVA and spray paint. I was really thinking about junctions and connections, and their abstract nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment